This Mini lacking handbook takes you down the digital rows of Apple's iBookstore, that can assist you locate, purchase, and obtain books and join journal and newspapers in your iPad. you will examine now to navigate your books and periodicals and sync them again to iTunes to switch them off and on your iPad to liberate garage space.
In addition, you will find out the place to get unfastened books within the iBookstore, and the place you could store for iPad-compatible books, either loose and for-pay, outdoor of Apple's domain.
Finally, you are going to research the advantageous artwork of book navigation, together with the right way to switch a book's font and font dimension, upload bookmarks, spotlight precise passages, dynamically search for phrases within the dictionary, andsearch via your iBooks.
This Mini lacking guide is excerpted from the ebook iPad: The lacking Manual.
Download E-books Swift Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (2nd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides) PDF
By Matthew Mathias
Download E-books Learning Core Data for iOS: A Hands-On Guide to Building Core Data Applications PDF
By Tim Roadley
Get begun speedy with iOS 7 middle info App Development
Covers iOS 7 and Xcode 5
This is the 1st middle facts publication to completely mirror Apple’s most recent platform thoughts, together with its dramatic contemporary advancements to iCloud help. Hands-on from begin to end, it teaches you step by step as you create a contemporary data-driven iOS app utilizing Storyboards, ARC, iOS 7, and Xcode 5.
Tim Roadley introduces new styles and most sensible practices designed to beat the frustrations of middle info improvement. One step at a time, you’ll construct and expand your skills--even studying complicated options akin to complicated version migration, deep replica, history processing, and integration with Dropbox, StackMob, and iCloud.
Downloadable models of this book’s major undertaking are supplied with each one bankruptcy, so that you can see precisely what your app undertaking should still glance like--and get cookbook-style code in your personal initiatives. bankruptcy workouts assist you discover even extra, no matter if you’re a self-learner or a scholar in an iOS improvement course.
If you’re an skilled iOS developer, this advisor brings jointly the entire talents, instruments, code, and styles you want to upload strong information administration services to any app--quickly, simply, and painlessly.
Coverage comprises the following:
- Understanding center Data
- Adding middle information to an current project
- Designing, upgrading, and migrating info versions (automatically and manually with growth indication)
- Populating perspectives with info, together with table-views and picker-views
- Preloading a “default facts” power shop from XML
- Deep-copying from one chronic shop to another
- Performance tuning with tools, utilizing huge images because the example
- Background processing, utilizing thumbnail new release because the example
- Efficient search
- Seamlessly backing up and restoring with Dropbox
- Stable integration with iCloud--with complete help for a number of debts, seeding, and de-duplication
- Web carrier integration with StackMob
By Jason D. O'Grady
This is your crucial better half to the Android-powered Droid phone. The Droid Pocket consultant, moment version, steers you thru the best way to:
- Set up and fast begin utilizing your Droid smartphone.
- Make and obtain calls and textual content messages.
- Send electronic mail and synchronize your mail together with your Gmail account.
- Surf the internet with the integrated Android browser.
- Search y our cell and the net through voice.
- Browse and obtain apps int he Android Marketi.
- Find your house on the planet, utilizing the phone's GPS and Google Maps Navigation.
- Keep music of your contacts and calendar--and, after all, sync your mobilephone along with your Google account.
- Shoot and immediately evaluation pictures and movies with the integrated camera.
Download E-books Head First iPhone and iPad Development: A Learner's Guide to Creating Objective-C Applications for the iPhone and iPad PDF
By Dan Pilone, Tracey Pilone
Let's say you may have a killer app concept for iPhone and iPad. the place do you start? Head First iPhone and iPad Development may also help you get your first program up and working very quickly. you will not just how you can layout for Apple's units, you are going to additionally grasp the iPhone SDK tools—including Xcode—and Objective-C programming ideas to make your app stand out.
Whether you are a pro Mac developer who desires to leap into the App shop, or a person with powerful object-oriented programming abilities yet no Mac adventure, this booklet is an entire studying event for growing attention-grabbing, top-selling iPhone and iPad applications.
- Install the iPhone OS SDK and start utilizing XCode
- Put Objective-C center strategies to paintings, together with message passing, protocols, houses, and reminiscence management
- Take benefit of iPhone OS styles corresponding to datasources and delegates
- Preview your purposes within the Simulator
- Build extra complex interactions that make the most of a number of perspectives, information entry/editing, and rotation
- Work with the iPhone's digital camera, GPS, and accelerometer
- Optimize, attempt, and distribute your application
We imagine a while is just too priceless to waste being affected by new suggestions. utilizing the newest study in cognitive technological know-how and studying concept to craft a multi-sensory studying event, Head First iPhone and iPad Development has a visually wealthy structure designed for how your mind works, no longer a text-heavy process that places you to sleep.
By John Ray
In simply 24 classes of 1 hour every one, how to construct robust functions for today’s most popular hand held units: the iPhone and iPad! utilizing this book’s undemanding, step by step method, you’ll grasp each ability and expertise you wish, from constructing your iOS improvement atmosphere to construction nice consumer interfaces, sensing movement to writing multitasking functions. every one lesson builds on what you’ve already realized, providing you with a rock-solid beginning for real-world success!
Step-by-step directions rigorously stroll you thru the most typical iOS improvement tasks.
Quizzes and workouts on the finish of every bankruptcy assist you try out your wisdom.
By the best way notes current attention-grabbing info regarding the dialogue.
Did you recognize? information supply suggestion or convey you more uncomplicated how you can practice projects.
Watch Out! cautions warn you to attainable difficulties and provides you recommendation on how one can keep away from them.
Printed in complete color—figures and code seem as they do in Xcode
- Covers iOS 5.0 and up
- Learn to navigate the Xcode 4.2+ improvement surroundings
- Prepare your method and iDevice for effective improvement
- Get began speedy with Apple’s Objective-C and Cocoa contact
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) improvement paradigm
- Visually layout and code interfaces utilizing Xcode Storyboards, Segues, and the iOS item Library
- Build complex UIs with Tables, break up perspectives, Navigation Controllers, and extra
- Read and write personal tastes and knowledge, and create method Settings plug-ins
- Use the iOS media playback and recording services
- Take images and manage photographs with middle picture
- Sense movement, orientation, and site with the accelerometer, gyroscope, and GPS
- Integrate on-line companies utilizing Twitter, electronic mail, net perspectives, and Google Maps
- Create common purposes that run on either the iPhone and iPad
- Write background-aware multitasking purposes
- Trace and debug your purposes as they run
Covers iOS five, Xcode 4.2+, Storyboards, iPhone, iPad, and More!
Additional documents and updates on hand online
By Neil J. Gunther
To clear up functionality difficulties in smooth computing infrastructures, usually comprising millions of servers operating 1000's of functions, spanning a number of levels, you wish instruments that transcend mere reporting. you would like instruments that permit functionality research of software workflow around the whole firm. that is what PDQ (Pretty rattling quickly) offers. PDQ is an open-source functionality analyzer in response to the paradigm of queues. Queues are ubiquitous in each computing surroundings as buffers, and because any software structure might be represented as a circuit of queueing delays, PDQ is a average healthy for reading method performance.
Building at the luck of the 1st variation, this significantly elevated moment version now contains 4 components. half I includes the foundational suggestions, in addition to a brand new first bankruptcy that explains the relevant position of queues in winning functionality research. half II offers the fundamentals of queueing idea in a hugely intelligible sort for the non-mathematician; little greater than high-school algebra being required. half III offers many useful examples of the way PDQ may be utilized. The PDQ handbook has been relegated to an appendix partially IV, in addition to recommendations to the routines contained in every one chapter.
Throughout, the Perl code listings were newly formatted to enhance clarity. The PDQ code and updates to the PDQ handbook can be found from the author's site at www.perfdynamics.com
By Jay Aikat
Over the earlier 3 a long time, the Internet's speedy progress has spurred the improvement of latest purposes in cellular computing, electronic song, on-line video, gaming and social networks. These functions count seriously upon quite a few underlying community protocols and mechanisms to allow, keep and improve their net functionality
The results of Traffic constitution on program and community Performance provides the mandatory instruments for maximizing the community potency of any net software, and provides ground-breaking study that may impact how those purposes are in-built the future. The booklet outlines the way to layout and run all kinds of networking experiments, and establishes the simplest practices in artificial site visitors new release for present and destiny researchers and practitioners to follow. It addresses a few uncomplicated techniques and strategies of site visitors new release, but in addition info wide empirical examine in trying out and comparing community protocols and purposes inside of a laboratory setting.
The results of Traffic constitution on software and community Performance is designed as a reference ebook for networking pros who needs to layout, plan, attempt and assessment their networks. Advanced-level scholars and researchers in laptop technology and engineering will locate this e-book worthwhile as well
Download E-books Building iPhone OS Accessories: Use the iPhone Accessories API to Control and Monitor Devices (Books for Professionals by Professionals) PDF
By Ken Maskrey
This publication offers a major, in-depth examine Apple’s exterior accent framework and the iPhone components API. You’ll easy methods to create new, built-in suggestions that mix iPhone apps with committed hardware.
The iPhone OS add-ons API expands the possibilities for cutting edge iPhone builders, permitting you to regulate and display screen exterior units, even if you’ve equipped them your self or received them from a 3rd party.
What you’ll learn
- Develop components and apps for the iPhone and iPod contact.
- Use Apple’s exterior accent framework to create hardware/software interplay.
- Control and computer screen exterior units utilizing the iPhone components API.
- Use the explicit controller sessions in the iPhone OS software program improvement package.
- Build and keep an eye on your personal accent.
- Get your components authorized by means of Apple’s AE application.
Who this ebook is for
This publication is for iPhone and iPod contact builders who are looking to write apps to regulate exterior components and builders who are looking to create add-ons for iPhone and iPod contact. This contains embedded platforms programmers who've been passed over of the iPhone gold rush till now.
The iPhone OS components API expands the industry of iPhone builders all over again, and this ebook is for all these builders desirous to use those new APIs to regulate and display screen exterior device—whether self-built or got from different sources.
Table of Contents
- Accessory review
- EAAccessory Framework
- EA Framework layout Patterns
- The online game Controller
- Specifying a Pong Game
- Coding a Pong Game
- Adding the sport Controller
- Improving the layout
- Apple Developer Programs
- Hardware layout
- Everything Else
Ionic in Action teaches net builders find out how to construct cross-platform cellular apps for telephones and pills on iOS and Android. you will the best way to expand your net improvement abilities to construct apps which are indistinguishable from local iOS or Android projects.
Purchase of the print booklet contains a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Ionic in Action teaches net builders find out how to construct cellular apps utilizing Ionic and AngularJS. via rigorously defined examples, the ebook exhibits you ways to create apps that use UI elements designed for cellular, leverage present place, combine with local equipment beneficial properties just like the digital camera, use contact gestures, and combine with exterior information assets. learn how to attempt your apps to enhance balance and capture blunders as you boost. ultimately, you will find the command-line application, and the way to construct and set up to app stores.
- Design complicated interfaces with Ionic's UI controls
- Build as soon as and set up for either iOS and Android
- Use local gadget and device-specific features
- Covers the full cellular improvement process
About the Reader
About the Author
Jeremy Wilken is a senior UX software program developer who works with Ionic, AngularJS, and Node.js. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Ionic and hybrid apps
- Setting up your computing device to construct apps
- What you must find out about AngularJS
- Ionic navigation and center components
- Tabs, complicated lists, and shape components
- Weather app, utilizing part menus, modals, motion sheets, and ionScroll
- Advanced recommendations for pro apps
- Using Cordova plugins
- Previewing, debugging, and automatic testing
- Building and publishing apps